Thanks to Bob Cargill, you can watch the whole debate between Bart Ehrman and Craig Evans on the reliability of the Bible. Do check it out!
If you have an hour, you really ought to listen to the 2010 debate between Dr. Bart Ehrman and Dr. Craig Evans on the reliability of scripture. Below are the YouTube videos in 9 parts.
I’ll let you decide whose argument is more compelling. However, I agree with the moderator, Pastor Jerry Johnston, who states after one of Dr. Evans’ responses (Pt. 3, @ 3:37), “Sounds like an evangelist.”
The key questions are as follows:
1. Are the gospels reliable? (Pt. 1 @ 3:50)
2. Do the gospels accurately preserve the teachings of Jesus Christ? (Pt. 2 @ 3:42)
3. Do the gospels accurately preserve the activities of Jesus Christ? (Pt. 3 @ 3:42)
4. Do the gospels contain eyewitness tradition? (Pt. 4 @ 4:25)
5. Do archaeologists and historians use the gospels as sources? (Pt. 5 @ 4:05)
6. Have the gospels been accurately preserved down through the centuries? (Pt. 6 @ 6:22)
7. Do scribal errors and textual variants significantly impact any teaching of Jesus or any important Christian teaching? (Pt. 7 @ 7:33)
8. Final Remarks (Pt. 8 @ 7:01)