According to James McGrath:
I received an e-mail about a new journal providing an opportunity for undergraduates to publish in philosophy. It is called Stance and it is based at Ball State University. Here’s the Call for Papers:
Call For Papers
Stance is unique as it is produced and edited solely by undergraduates. By using external reviewers we provide feedback on every submission and often require substantive changes prior to publication. Stance mirrors the process of review and publication of professional philosophy journals.
Stance welcomes papers concerning any philosophical topic. Current undergraduates may submit a paper between 1500 and 3500 words in length (footnotes may extend the word limit 500 words at most). Stance asks that each undergraduate only submit one paper for the journal per year. Unnecessary technicality should be avoided. Strive to reach the widest possible audience without sacrificing clarity or rigor. Papers are evaluated on the following criteria: depth of inquiry, quality of research, creativity, lucidity, and most importantly, originality.
• Manuscripts should be in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format and sent as an attachment to email@example.com.
• Manuscripts should be double-spaced (including quotations, excerpts, and footnotes).
• The right margin should not be justified.
• To facilitate our anonymous review process, submissions are to be prepared for blind review. Include a cover page with the author’s name, affiliation, title, and email address.
• Papers, including footnotes, should have no other identifying markers.
• Footnotes should follow Chicago Manual of Style. Examples are on our website under Notes for Contributors.
• Please use American spellings and punctuation, except when directly quoting a source that has followed British style.
FOR FURTHER CONCERNS, PLEASE VISIT STANCE ON THE WEB AT HTTP://STANCE.IWEB.BSU.EDU/
Deadline: Friday, December 17, 2010
There’s also a call for book reviews. Spread the word among undergraduate students you know.